Effective Date: September 2023
Focused Education Resources is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information when using this website. Personal information is defined as any information that can be used to identify someone – either by itself or in combination with other information.
Information We Collect
When you visit the Focused Education website, the web server automatically collects a limited amount of information essential for the operation and security of our website. Some of this information (e.g. browser type) does not identify who you are, while other information, such as your Internet domain name or IP address, may identify you. The extent of personal identification depends, in large part, on the naming standards followed by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). You may wish to confirm with them their guidelines and practices in this regard.
The information that is automatically collected is limited to what is necessary for systems administration, and includes such things as your domain name, the date and time of the request, the type of request, the file requested, and the number of bytes transmitted.
Personal information such as your name, phone number, e-mail or address is not automatically collected by the site. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, generally through creating an account to access the secure portion of the site or contacting us via e-mail.
In such instances, your personal information is collected with your express or implied consent.
We treat e-mails the same way we treat letters sent to Focused Education. We do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you about your inquiry or request.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the personal information we collect through this website for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services and information you request from us.
- To facilitate membership and access to specific resources and areas of the site.
- To communicate with you about our services.
- For event-related registration and communication.
- To improve our website and services.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Sharing Your Information
Focused Education only collects personal information for the identified purposes in this policy and does not rent, sell or trade any personal information collected from you with any third parties without your consent, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
We may share your information:
- with Focused Education staff who have a defined purpose to access the information to carry out their roles.
- with third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website. These service providers are contractually obligated to protect and use your information only for the purposes specified by us.
- when required by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities. In such cases, we will attempt to provide you with notice (unless we are prohibited) that a request for your information has been made, in order to give you an opportunity to object to the disclosure.
We implement reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure.
Links to Third-Party Sites
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information that is collected through this website. You can also withdraw your consent for us to use your information with reasonable notice.
To exercise these rights or to make any inquiries about your personal information, please contact us using the contact information in the next section.
Focused ED Privacy Officer
1580 West Broadway
Vancouver B.C. V6J 5K8
Please check this page periodically to stay informed about our privacy practices.